Instrument Center instrumentation can be reserved online using Facilities Online Manager (FOM). Once a user creates an account with FOM they will be able to:
- make online reservations for instrumentation
- schedule instrument training
- communicate with SciTech staff
Instruments may be reserved during our regular operating hours, Monday- Friday 8 am-5 pm. All after hour reservations are subject to approval by SciTech staff.
Creating User Account on FOM
- Go to the WWU portal for FOM.
- Select “Click here to login with WWU ID if you are a member of WWU”. A WWU Universal Login page will open. Enter your Western credentials here.
- Fill out the User Registration* form and select submit. (* Faculty and Research Associates select yourself as your supervisor)
- After submitting the User Registration form select “User Home" from the navigation panel on the left. This will take you the User Home page where you will see a list of Available Instruments on the right. Registration is not complete until you apply to use an instrument. Select the desired instrument(s) from the list on the right. Only apply for those instruments you intend use.
- A message will be sent to SciTech staff and your account will be activated as long as you have completed the safety training. Once activated you will see the requested instrument names listed on the left side of the User Home page.
Why is there an account number associated with my profile?
- All users are assigned a default account number when creating a FOM account. The charge back feature of the software cannot be disabled; SciTech does not charge for services (all rates are set to $0/hr).
I am getting a lot of automated emails from FOM; how do I change my email preferences?
- You can change this setting by selecting "My Profile" from the navigation pane on the left. Deselect the "Show Handy Links" box in the User Preferences section.
Why can't I make same day reservations?
- Reservations made less than 24 hours in advance must be made by contacting SciTech staff directly.